Diary of a 1L
Sunday, February 08, 2004
So just what have I done this weekend?
- I played XBox. I actually found a game that I seemed to be good at. It was some kind of Star Wars driving game where the key seemed to be to find the other players and then throw as many missiles at them as you can. I wasn't so good at the game where you had to walk around shooting people and avoid falling off a ledge into outer space.
- I watched a depressing movie. I'm not necessarily down on depressing movies. I like "A Clockwork Orange" and other downer Kubrick flicks a lot. But those movies are very stylish, and not based on true stories.
- I went to a potluck. I provided the starch portion of the meal. I think the lady at La Chatelaine might have been flirting with me when I went to buy the bread. How do I know, do you ask? Well, she gave me all these packets of marmalade and honey and butter and jelly for free. Plus she sliced the bread at no extra cost. Hmmm...
- I went dancing for the first time in probably four years. My swing skills are somewhat degraded, but I still have a grip on the basics. But the place we went started playing other weird kinds of music. I can't do all 16 dances! I can only swing, swing, swing!
- I chatted with the graduate program advisor of the department for my potential joint degree. If I'm going to do this, I have to figure out whether I'll go full-time other department next year or half-that and half-law.