Diary of a 1L
Thursday, March 25, 2004
- A nice, relaxing morning. Got going at like 12:30.
- The Varsity: Huge restaurant. Really really big. Pretty fast. Fairly greasy, but not as much as Weaver D's. But very salty. After lunch I got an Icee.
- I tried to find the Atlanta Contemporary Art Center but just ended up driving in circles. So then I went to...
- The Jimmy Carter Library and Museum. It was a small museum but pretty interesting. I kept thinking...if only we had a man like that in the White House now. There was also a temporary exhibition of a 1/12 scale model of George Washington's house, Mount Vernon. Then there was a nice Japanese Garden.
- Little Five Points: Sorta like a bit of wannabe Athens. I picked up a couple of used CDs.
- The Flying Biscuit Cafe: Awesome. For what stuff cost, I thought I was going to get tiny portions, but everything was massive and very tasty. I got a turkey meatloaf sandwich that was so ridiculously enormous that I wondered at first if it was meant to be eaten open-faced. But I managed to two-hand it okay. I also got Key Lime Pie for dessert.
I'm heading home early tomorrow.